Monday, November 30, 2009

Is it over yet?

Watching girls scream themselves into a frenzy as a werewolf rips his shirt off, I wanted to remind this vampire harem of teenage girls that they were not at a Jonas Brothers’ concert. Rather, they were in the lobby of the movie theater and, sadly, the same theater I was at last Friday evening. I was however, in a tiny minority, as I wasn’t buying a ticket to the new Twilight film, New Moon.

The current Twilight rage has me both confused and disgusted. Since when are blood-sucking immortals and werewolves the object of screaming adoration and obsession? I cannot comprehend how fangs, freakishly pale complexions and appetites for blood are sexy. Now, I realize I grew up during the boy-band generation of Hanson and Backstreet Boys, but at least we were attracted to humans.

The New Moon movie trailer seems to be on repeat on every channel, and I am sick of listening, reading and seeing interviews probing Robert Pattinson on his love life.
I couldn’t care less who is on team Edward or team Jacob, and I can’t wait until the Twilight phase is submerged into the dead dark of night.

1 comment: